I used to be one of those people who had a very hard time falling asleep. It would seem like a miracle if I ever did! Life's challenges and work loads can play a big part in it, but there are a lot of really healthy ways to fall asleep fast without the use of medication or some expensive tea or herbs to help you snooze.
Here are the best tools to help you fall asleep fast
- Pranayama (Breathing Techniques)
- Gentle Asana (Yoga Poses)
- Mantra Meditation
I found another method that helped me was reducing some old habits such as...
- Cutting back or cutting out caffeine
- Cutting back or cutting out late night drinking (alcoholic drinks)
- Cutting back or cutting out late night TV watching
- Not eating past 8pm
Some additional tips if the above are not doable or you just wanna try some other things
- Take a hot bath or shower before bed
- Use an eye pillow or ear plugs to cancel out light and sound
- Make an essential oil spritz or diffuser to help calm nerves
- Cuddle your partner or a body pillow to relieve stress
The greatest advice I can give is to pinpoint and change those lifestyle habits that might be contributing to a lack of sleep. Find what makes you calmly unwind and let yourself surrender to rest. I've found all of these lists above to help immensely, and I'm confident they can get you sleeping well every night without the expense of sleep aids.
Have you tried any of these methods? Have they helped?
Need more Hacks? I hear ya- Get your Complete Home Practice Guide here, my gift to you!